Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Korim Project part 3

My life in 6 words:
She was nothing
I am everything.
-------------------------------
The poem:
She makes me happy.
She is everything that I always wanted to be.
She makes me see through the shit I have been in and what was my salvation through them.
She is powerful, letting go of those who made me feel blue.
She feels you, and she knew that I was lost.
Was trying to make sense t of the senseless.
Was sitting on hot stoops on summer nights, wondering why it rained on my sunny days.
Was strong yet weak, loved hard yet met heartbreak easily.
Was ready for a relationship but never got in one.
Was my mother's seed though she never claimed me, to her being...
Nothing but praying that she would see my something.
Nothing never stopped me.
Nothing never controlled me.
Nothing was the nothing that I blocked with ease.
Nothing could never contain me cause I am beautiful.
I am hope that kept Jesus in a borrowed grave.
I am love that still finds longs walks in the park romantic.
I am peace that I keep close to my chest, so when the world gets to have something to lay on.
I am the child that leaves the nest, not knowing if she can fly but be damned to not at least try.
I am poet reaching for truth in this hellhole trying to find heaven,
am being braver than I ever have been.
Am bolder than my body will let me be. Am clearer than my writing shows in me.
Am smarter than my vocabulary can dissect.
Am more captivating than any mirror can reflect.
Am trying to still do what I am told, still trying to hold on to everything.
Everything that makes me me.
Everything that makes loving me so hard.
Everything that makes loving you not hard enough.
Everything that keeps everyone pushing.
Everything that makes me wake and see you beautifully frozen in time,
waiting for your que to be my perfect.

1 comment:

Shelle said...

"Was my mother's seed though she never claimed me, to her being...
Nothing but praying that she would see my somthing."...we are more kindred spirits than u think sis

"I am poet reaching for truth in this hellhole trying to find heaven,
am being braver than I ever have been.
Am bolder than my body will let me be.
Am clearer than my wrting shows in me.
Am smarter than my vocabulary can disect.
Am more captivating than any mirror can reflect.
Am trying to still do what i am told, still trying to hold on to everything.
Everything that makes me me. Everything that makes loving me so hard.
Everything that makes loving you not hard enough"....really like this part...so true...you are so much more