Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where you there...

Where you there when they took him to Pilate, had him stretched out, naked, beaten, barley breathing, but all the while knowing that he was up there for me and you. You one of the many in that mob that mocked him, when he was a Pilate's feet, calling for Barabbas to be released. Yes it was you putting him in chains, whipping him with bull whip that was badder than any ol' Cane and every time you struck him you were claiming every piece of flesh that ripped off him and you were proud thinking that you accomplished some great thing. If you are trying to tell yourself that "it could have been me" look down and unveil the crimson that has stained your hands, this history lesson of today is short and sweet and it is just to advise us all that we call carry his blood because he didn't dies for himself but for you and me for us. We are the one who holds the whips in our hands steady and deny him daily. We were the ones who put the robe of mockery on his freshly exposed back, smashing a crown of thorns on his head as our new attack. We were the ones that knocked him down, spat on him, kicked him, and beat him with clubs that ol' man Lynch would have been proud of. We cried out "Crucify him, Crucify him". We held his hands as we plowed in his wrist with jagged nine inch nails, overlapping his feet placing that nail in between tendons that would carry him into a temporary sleep. His plea on out behave was to forgive us for you we knew not what we were doing but it still pains me to believe that I could do such a thing to the one that gave up everything for me. He cried out "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthoni"- My God, my God why have you forsaken me and we do is make his life and death a mockery. Don't you know that he could have gotten off that cross and we would have all been lost…. But he couldn't think of anyone more to save than the lowly beings that put him on that cross.
So I have questions for the intellectuals in the crowd, why do you think that you are better than this man. Calling yourself messiah, prophet and pope but when the last time you died for the sins of the world or even sacrifice something of your for another. See you "special people" and Peter are threads from the same cloth, spirit filled on Sundays and Wednesdays, but any other day you are cursing his very name and the roster keeps crowing for you to wake up but you have cut off your hears for the sound of his calls was too much for you, you have replaced what God gave you with manmade hearing aids that are leading you straight to disaster but you gladly go just to show that you were right all along and would rather go to hell than be wrong. Because of this my faith never lied with man but its with the one that gave up his very divinity for me, making hell I would never have to see, his blood washed my sins away , he has promised to keep my fears at bay. Giving me my voice to give him praise, I think him every day for my testimony, never giving up on me, giving me a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th , chance after chance and I stop giving that chances numbers because I just can't count that high. I can't count how many times I have messed up, given up, denied you, lied on you, disrespected your legacy and all those things that I have done in between and even after all that I have done you still bless me… so I thank you for letting me be yours and I will be with you until I win my coarse.

No comments: